Saturday, July 12, 2014

The In-Between

In just a few short hours I will get on a plane for Portland, OR for some much-needed rest and then travel to Seattle to join our team in doing mission work with local church plants in the area. And then back home to Austin for a day, only to fly out to Madrid the next! My mind and heart are filled with anticipation for what's ahead...and also wondering whether or not I'll actually make it (haha). I know, it's a little bit crazy but that's how things seem to work around here. I wouldn't trade it!!

When I return, I'll be wrapping up my internship with West Campus Connections and begin pressing hard into support raising as I transition to my new position. It's easy for my mind to become consumed with what I think I need to do to reach this goal right now, but the Lord has reminded me of His perfect provision. He is continually pressing Luke 12 into my heart, bringing me to daily submit my worries and anxieties to Him. Lay them at His feet. Trust Him. See Him to be Who He truly is. The Creator and Sustainer.

So in the meantime, I would love your prayers these next couple of weeks. A few things to be thinking on:

1) That this would be restful--mind, body, and soul. God is an incredible Father who sees me and knows me intricately. He knows everything that fills me up, so that I can jump back into sharing about Him. My prayer is that I would be recharged, to be sent back out this year to serve His people.

2) That I would seek Him daily. That just because life may seem to become less weighted with responsibility for a time, I would still see and know my desperate need for Him in my life. He will prepare my heart for what's to come.

3) For Madrid. For the people, specifically the Muslims, there. Our prayer, as we work primarily with these people, is that God would make Himself and His gospel known to them in an undeniable way. Pray for our team, for trust in the Lord for everything (starting now). For my support. I am $150 away from my goal, and am trusting God to provide. If you feel Him leading you to give, please feel free to go here and place my name in the "Referred by" line.

4) For support for this year and all that God will do through this ministry. I will continue to share more about what I'm going to be doing, but in the meantime you can check it out here. I am currently at about 40% of my overall support needed goal for this year! 

I'm sure there will be lots of stories to share soon! Praising Him in the In-Between.

No comments:

Post a Comment